Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spike's Tactical Forum

Post subject: Spikes compressor silencer questions
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 am 

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a spikes compressor upper and lower on a pistol/sig brace setup. The gun will not come with a silencer but will have a barking spider on the pistol. So I'm in the process with getting a compressor while not having to wait forever to use the weapon. I plan on sbr the pistol eform, and purchasing a silencer. My question is what silencers will work with gun? I have a AAC 762 sd in nfa jail currently. But I am curious if it can be attached using a 51t brake or is the gun proprietary setup for the lrs and mrs cans from spikes? I am interested in the mrs short can to match the gun but how loud will it be? Wanting to mainly shoot subsonics. Would like to know what ppl think which route to take. What cans work best with rifle? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Spikes compressor silencer questions
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:58 am 

The barrel of the Compressor is a standard .30 cal thread, but the LRS and MRS will need the spikes suppressor mount for them to be used. The mount is amazing. I use it on my Remington 700. The LRS is one of the quietest suppressor I have ever used. The barking spider is a solid brake to use for now till you get a suppressor. The Compressor is one of the best ARs i have ever used.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 am 

OPS Inc reflex suppressors will utilize the existing ST mount system as well. Anything else would be front mount only using whichever brands muzzle device you select.

The Compressor upper usually comes with the ST muzzle mount pinned. Did you order yours with the Barking Spider instead or were you planning to swap that yourself?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm 

Buying it from someone who is buddies with owner of spikes supposedly. Guess spikes set it up for him without it being a nfa gun. But next question is is the mrs silencer any good? Lrs just out of my price range cause I can find AAC 762 sd for under 450 and sdn6 under $600. So what's everyone's opinion on the mrs silencer? I don't know if it's pinned yet. Have yet to receive the gun to look it over. Thanks for all the help

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 pm 

The MRS is designed for compact size in the Compressor package. It is not going to give you the same suppression level as a full length can.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:50 pm 

In the review of the Compressor, the guns and ammo review said it was like "spitting whispers", and their pictures and description only showed the MRS... is that accurate?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:46 pm 

I know the MRS is a great small can. Its not as quiet as it's bigger brother the LRS. but I can say this about the LRS as I told another guy here.

"I know for a fact that you cam sit in your back yard shot into a lake and not disturb your neighbor that is about 50 yards away. And when I say disturb your neighbor I mean he did not know there was a firearm going off."

**I'm not a lawyer so if you do sit in your back yard and crack off a round or two make sure your not braking any laws.**

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:03 am 

Thanks for all the help. I just can't see paying that much for a silencer. When you can buy a AAC sdn for under $500 bucks. How does the mrs and lrs connect to the st muzzle device. Is it quick detach or threaded? Since you guys got a tool with yours. Assume it's threaded? I'll prolly go put my sd on the gun. Let's know what you think and I'll try and post picks. Have a sdn6 almost jail approved, hopefully. But just wanting to show off a 300 blk silenced. Thanks again guys

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 am 

I understand what you are saying about the $500. But you can have a honda civic or you can have a drive a Maserati. I have driven both and I have to say the Maserati is a lot more fun. The LRS and MRS are a top tier suppressor. The direct thread AAC well they do the job but not as well.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:01 am 

Well eagle312 talked me out of 762 sd from AAC. Went with dead air sandman long since it can be detached more quickly since it doesn't require a push button to take off and the does 90 day layaway. It is almost paid off. So will keep you posted. Thanks

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:54 am 

Good to hear brother. I hear great things about Dead Air. A very close friend of mine ordered up an AAC 762 QD after 1500 round it shot off the end of his rifle. AAC is going to fix it, but dang 150 rounds, a 5 month wait for his stamp, $200 for the stamp, and $750 for the can and it shoots off the end of your rifle. What a day for him.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 pm 

That kind of happened to me as well. The 2nd day I shot my 762sd. Was shooting it on my scar and letting buddies hear the difference. And all of sudden after shooting I looked up and noticed the can was wobbly. Started to try and tighten the can back on and the latch wasn't on the can no more. Luckily caught it or else I would have definitely had a baffle strike. So can was 2 days old and had under 60 rounds through it. I sent off and got back in less then 20 days so can't complain too much but. Scared me away from purchasing more 51t cans but it's just so convenient to stick with the same company cause of the mounts. But I got a sd, sdn 6 and mini4 for less than what my dealer wanted for a surefire socom. That was the selling point to me.

Board index » Spike's Tactical Forum