Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spike's Tactical Forum

Post subject: Cycling issue- 300BLK Pistol
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:46 am 

I recently got my stamp for my Specwar 762 suppressor and because of the relative lack of .223 or 5.56 subsonic ammo on the market, decided to build a 300 BLK to get the most out of my can. Since my first AR was built with a standard ST lower and upper, and never having a problem with either, I decided to start out with Spike's again. I built it from the ground up starting with a ST Jack billet lower. I matched it up with a ST Gen2 billet Mil-Spec upper, ST Lightweight Nickel Boron BCG, ST 10.5" barrel, (suppressor is 9") and a ST 12" Spider Web handguard. I put a Troy gasblock with a CMMG pistol length tube on it as well as a CMC curved trigger group and finished it off with a Sig Sauer pistol brace so I could begin using it instead of looking at it while waiting for a SBR stamp (which I'm in the process of getting). I put a Sightmark Photon Nightvision scope on top and now I have a badass hog killing machine that looks just as killer.

Only one problem, its not cycling fully when using subsonic ammo, which is all I intend to use with it. When I use subsonic rounds, it fires fine, ejects spent cartridges fine (all landing in the same area), but my BCG doesn't go back quite far enough to pick up the next round and put it in the chamber resulting in me having to rack every round. Does anyone from ST have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Supersonic rounds cycle fine with no problems. It seems that its under gassed when using subsonic rds. I've looked at replacing the spring with a Tubbs flat wire buffer spring as well as looked at the JP Enterprises Silent Captured Recoil Buffer Spring as a first course of action but figured I'd check here first. When I get my SBR stamp, I have a Luth AR PRS style stock I plan to replace the Sig brace with and don't want to run into the same problem. Any suggestions are much appreciated as there are pigs that get to live and breed another day until I fix this issue.....

Post subject: Re: Cycling issue- 300BLK Pistol
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:24 am 

What buffer are you using? What ammo are you using? I made some subsonic ammo for a friend and he had the same issue. He had to get a suppressor for it to run right. But before doing that I would use a lighter buffer, and or a lighter BCG. Or to make a little more back pressure try a Barking Spider 2. I have a 300 Blackout SBR and that brake makes a world of difference when I shoot.

Mark G.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:36 am 

What exact subsonic ammo are you using?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:32 pm 

I have made two different ones for him. 203gr moly coated lead rounds using !680 powder and Nosler custom comp 220gr rounds also using 1680 powder.

Board index » Spike's Tactical Forum