I'm looking to purchase my first AR-15, and I'm trying to decide between the ST-15 M4 LE and the ST-15 Mid-Length LE. I have a few questions:
1. What are the major differences between the two and which would you recommend?
2. I live in Massachusetts, so I would need a 10rd magazine, but there is no option for that. Do I have to ask for no 30rd magazine in the comment box? Is there a way to get a 10rd magazine instead of the 30rd mag? If so, how much extra would it cost?
3. I have read on various forums that there are some other low-cost options available for these complete rifles. For example, there is an option where you can add a Samson rear site for $10, but I read that for an additional $10 you can get a supposedly better Troy site. I also heard that you can upgrade to an ergonomic grip and add a rail system for fairly little. Can you provide a list of these upgrades so I can decide what to get? And how would I add those upgrades since you can't select them on the website?
4. Is there really a 3-4 week backlog right now on orders?
5. Any chance on reactivating the 10% discount code that was available about a month ago? All the options for making a rifle MA-compliant really reduce the budget for actual upgrades
Sorry for so many questions!